Take a deep breath of fresh air, it’s good for your body and your mind. Need an excuse to step out the door? READ ON!
SEVEN AIR FREEBIES
1. Your Happy Hormone
- Fresh Air Makes You Happier: The more fresh air you breathe, the more oxygen you intake. This increases the amount of serotonin in your body resulting in feeling happier.
- Enjoy the Sunlight: Exposure to sun or sun replicating bright lights (light therapy) will naturally increase your serotonin levels.
- Exercise More: As you work out, your body releases the amino acid your brain uses to make serotonin. This boost along with other endorphins helps produce that feeling of euphoria after an intense workout.
2. Strengthen Your Immune System
Your mom was right when she said go outside so you won’t get sick. Our white blood cells function better with increased oxygen, so they can do a better job of fighting and killing germs and bacteria. Thanks Mom.
3. Clean Out Those Lungs
When you’re moving about outdoors, you breathe more deeply. This brings more oxygen into your cells and helps the lungs expel more airborne toxins from your body.
4. Your Happy Gut
Fresh air aids in increasing your oxygen flow which, in turn, helps you digest your food more effectively. A nice bonus when trying to lose weight.
5. A Sharper Mind
Feeling a little brain muddle during the workday? Step outside for a bit – more oxygen will improve your brain function, providing more clarity and giving your concentration skills a boost.
6. Sleep Better
Opening that window at bedtime can result in more zzz’s. Allowing fresh air to circulate through the room increases your blood’s oxygen levels which in turn increases the overall sleep quality. You’re prone to wake up less as the oxygen boost allows easier information processing, letting you sleep more soundly while the brain does its job.
7. Skin Magic
Looking for your skin to have that fresh glow? Improve the health of your skin with some fresh air!
- Power of Oxygen: Just as it does wonders for your body, it does the same for your skin’s health. Your skin regenerates when exposed to fresh air. Oxygen, anti-inflammatory in nature, stimulates collagen production lending to a glowy and dewy complexion.
- Skin Cell Turnover: A bit of fresh air creates healthy skin cell regeneration, bringing about a smooth and even skin tone.
- Detoxifies the Skin: As you spend more time outdoors fresh air opens your pores, allowing your skin to breathe with less blockages. When your skin’s pores are open, it’s easier for toxins to be eliminated from your skin. This results in less breakouts, irritations, and skin imperfections.
- Cold Air Bonus: Something to remember come winter, cold air contains many amazing properties that enhance your skin’s health. Pores are less visible and the cold air delays the secretion of sebum which lowers chances of breakouts. It’s also been said it helps to fade circles under your eyes.